Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Helpful

While I was cleaning up the kitchen after dinner the kids were going wild in the living room. They pulled out every toy from the toy bin. By the time they were done, the room looked like it had been hit by the world's tiniest tornado. I'm sure every mom has been through such a storm and knows exactly what I am talking about.

Great, I thought, one more chore to add to my list. Half-heartedly, I asked Avery to help by cleaning up the living room while I finished up in the kitchen. A few minutes later, I went back into the living room to find it completely clean. There were no clothes, books or toys to be seen. It was like a magic fairy had flown into my house and cleaned while no one was watching.

Just as I was congratulating myself for having a 3 year old and a new pet fairy who can now work together to clean my house, I noticed the fireplace screen looked weird.

Turns out, good house cleaning fairies are hard to come by these days. I give Avery an A for effort and creativity.

No comments: