Saturday, June 5, 2010

School Pictures

Here are the pictures our school took this Spring. They went with a new photographer this year and I was so excited to see that they didn't actually do "Glamour Shots" with the kids like they have done in the past. Last year they dressed Avery in a jean jacket and jean hat with a huge flower on the front. Let's just say I didn't purchase any of those, thankyouverymuch.

I didn't know that they would be taking pictures of the kids together (which was a pleasant surprise) or I would have probably put them in something that went a little better together. I mean, stripes and polka dots look cute together on bedding, but I'm not sure that rule applies to school pictures. Either way, though, I am just happy there are no tears in the pictures of them together. I've never been able to do that so the photographer is a genius in my book.

Avery at 3 and a half. What amazes me most about this shot is that the photographer was able to take her picture without getting a glare from her glasses.
I hope this picture makes it obvious why Jack doesn't have an individual picture like Avery does. They totally messed up his hair. I think the photographer believes the 'Dumb and Dumber' look is also good for 2 year olds. He would be wrong. Why he would comb Jack's hair forward is beyond me.
Sadly this is the first time EVER that these two are both looking in the same general direction and smiling while a camera is within 15 feet of them. I was stunned when I saw not just one, but 2 pictures of them together. We were *this close* to really having a great picture of the two of them. The quest continues....

No comments: