Monday, December 15, 2008

Some Holiday Pictures

Not surprisingly I have filled up the hard drive with pictures. Matt is going to move them all to the external hard drive tomorrow so I don't have tons of pictures of the house, but here is a sampling. 



Our little Christmas tree. I have had it for years because it was small enough for our apartment and when we moved into our house we liked it because it fit in the room without having to move all of our furniture around. I would love to have a real tree but my husband has allergies so out of respect for his lungs, I go with the fake one. Begrudgingly. 

Our stockings are hung on the mantel. Jack's is different because it says "Jack's first Christmas" on it. He will have one like the rest of us next year. (this comes up quite a bit when people come over so I thought I would point that out) 

Jack's first Christmas! I can't wait to see how he reacts to all the paper and boxes (because we all know how these kids operate. They don't care about anything but the boxes just to frustrate us)

The silver ball was a gift from great family friends when Avery was born. They get them for their grandchildren and so it was very special to have them send one for Avery in 2006. I love ornaments that were sent from friends so I will highlight some others below. The Disney bride and groom ornaments were from our honeymoon. 

My friend Amy sent this ornament to me last year for Christmas. She made it herself which makes it extra cool.

See that martini glass? That is from Lauren this year. And while I haven't been able to drink since 2005 thanks to babies, I will make sure to catch up in 2009! This ornament reminds me that I am just 3 months away from feeling like a big girl again. 

My friend Michelle gave me this ornament a few years ago. She lives in Ohio and we don't see each other as much as we would like (which would be every week!) but we talk often and we are always thinking of one another. This ornament reminds me that she is never that far away.

These two clowns make the whole house feel festive all year long. The things that come out of Avery's mouth just make us laugh every day. 

I will post some pictures of other decorations around the house as soon as I clear some space on the hard drive. oops.

2 comments:

Adam Shingleton said...

I am glad that you got the idea behind the Martini Glass. It was to remind you that you are almost done with no drinking and that we need to celebrate in 2009 with some martini's!

Anonymous said...

Robbie has THE EXACT SAME STOCKING as Jack!