Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Long Overdue Thank You

So. Um. (shuffles feet. Looks down.) Yeah. I'm a little late on this. But! But! It isn't my fault. It is totally Avery's fault. (that's right, I just blamed it on the 3 year old.) She refused to take a picture in her longhorn tutu from Shimmer Sisters for a while. She would put it on but as soon as I got the camera out she would run away or melt into a pile of tulle and tears. That doesn't make the best photo opportunity for a thank you note. I just couldn't look beyond my own vision of what the picture should look like to realize that it would probably be ok if I took her picture in a different outfit.

It only took a month for me to figure that out. I am very smart.

So today after Sunday School Avery finally obliged (with a little bribery) and took some pictures next to the books that her friends brought to her birthday party last month. My intention is to mail these pictures out to her friends to thank them for their donation. But you know what they say about the road to hell and whatnot. So we'll see...

Regardless, I would like to thank everyone who came to Avery's birthday party and brought a book (or 2 or 3!) to donate. Together we collected over 50 children's books to donate to SafePlace Austin!! That is about twice as many as we expected--such a wonderful way to celebrate and still teach a great lesson about giving to others.

I really can't thank you all enough! I may not be great at getting thank you notes out in a timely manner, but I definitely feel a ton of gratitude for your all. And so does Avery.


No comments: