Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Post About Nothing

Oh man. Things have been so busy. I just can't seem to pack everything into a 24 hour period. Everything I am doing is very positive but it has kept me away from updating here, which is one of my favorite things to do. My room is the other victim of my hectic schedule these days. The teenager in me comes out in full force when I am busy and my room begins to look like it belongs on an episode of Hoarders. Thankfully Matt is almost the same way so he doesn't seem to get too irritated with me that we have piles of stuff all over the place.

I've been making cake balls a lot lately which is very exciting. It's nowhere near enough to quit my job or anything but it has been fun to be able to bake every week. I am making 6 dozen tonight, in fact. During the week it takes me two nights to get them done so that really creates a scheduling challenge but I get almost everything done.

I've also been getting ready for Jack's birthday. He turns two later this month and I wanted to get everything done for our celebration by the first of the month. That's because Matt's friend, Jason, is coming to visit next week so I know I won't have Matt around to help with anything then. I know that because I told him to go stay at our friend Josh's house while Jason is visiting so they can have a good time without worrying about waking the kids at night. Not sure what I was thinking when I told him that he could go on a "staycation" while I take care of the house and kids but it was totally my idea.

Must be a result of lack of sleep. Or a brain tumor. One of those.

Anyway, here are some pictures for the family to enjoy. I should have time to post something more substantial by the weekend. I hope.

Avery on Saturday before we went to a birthday party. It's so strange to know that she is standing in the same spot where she played in the snow just 4 days earlier. It was close to 70 and sunny over the weekend.
Avery is so cautious even though the dog is clearly outside and the doggy door is locked so there is no way he will get inside. She'll probably grow up to be some kind of adventurist but for now she is the most cautious child in the world.
playing at the park
Jack and I went to the park today to get his 2 year pictures taken. He let me take a couple of pictures after his session. He was pretty obnoxious during the whole photo shoot. All he wanted to do was play and go on the swing set. It was difficult to get many good shots of him. I just can't understand why he would prefer to slide and swing rather than pose for pictures.

Some people are just so difficult to work with.

He is definitely going to be a rough-and-tumble 2 year old. He is so strong and the worst part of that is that he doesn't know his own strength so we are often the victims of being loved TOO much when he rams into us to give us hugs. We'll take it, though, because I know there will come a day when he won't want to hug us as much as he does now. I just think maybe we need some padding so we aren't black and blue all the time.

No comments: