Friday, September 19, 2008

6 Month Stats

(Because this is a mommy blog, after all!)

Jack had his 6 month well check today and he braved the pain of 4 more shots. And I noticed while I was placing my initials on the shot sheet in his file that all of the initials on that sheet belonged to ME. Matt hasn't had to take him for any of his shots. That's wrong and I am going to correct that next month when HE takes Jack back for his flu booster shot. Fair is fair. I don't want Jack to be in therapy in 20 years talking about how I always made him go and get shots but his father really loved him and never took him for that kind of torture. No way. If he is going to be in therapy for something that I did, it is going to be much juicier than that.

As we already all knew, Jack is a big boy. He is 21 pounds, 9 ounces now. That is greater than the 95th percentile for weight. (Again, though, I argue that because the weight and height percentages are based on formula fed babies, but whatever.)  He has grown a little more than an inch from the last check and is coming in at 28 inches tall now. That is the 90th percentile. 

Jack is sitting up now and laughing more than ever when you tickle him. He is still a big time thumb sucker, which the doctor told us is a VERY GOOD thing at this stage because he will start to wake up in the middle of the night and wonder where we are (because he is starting to understand that we still exist when we aren't around him) and having his trusty thumb around will help him get back to sleep easier. 

He is really enjoying the whole food thing. He has eaten his way through the cereals and now has moved on to carrots and pumpkin. I will be making sweet potatoes for him this weekend. And after about a week of pain and suffering, I am finally feeling better so he is back in my good graces. He is nursing normally now and I guess I am on the downhill part of this mountain since every day now is a day closer to that one year mark. Let's hope I don't have to go through another painful issue in the next 6 months. 

Tomorrow morning we will try dance class again with Avery. This time I will attempt to take pictures if she has another meltdown. If I can avoid the dirty looks from the other parents. We'll also go to Gymboree where she is actually happy and knows what to do.



Jack asleep in his bed. So cute how he sucks his thumb when he sleeps.

No comments: