Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas

Things I have recently lost and where they were found:

my phone--found in the bottom of the washing machine, wet
the mail--found in our clothes dryer
our camera--found under a pillow in our chair in the living room
the phone book--found in the refrigerator
my wedding ring--found under my hairbrush in the bathroom after about 4 hours of searching the house up and down. 
a birthday check for Avery--still missing. dammit.

I think I am just tired. 

While I was still on maternity leave I was venturing out of the house with Jack for some reason and I was so impressed with myself for having it all together. I had Jack in his seat, his diaper back appropriately packed, extra milk pumped in case he needed it while we were out, make-up on, etc. I had the keys in my hand and LUCKILY we have a mirror right by our front door because I glanced at myself on the way out and realized that I wasn't wearing a shirt. At all. 

I need more sleep.

And the lack of sleep is making me a little crazy. I mean, I am so lucky that Jack sleeps for 9-11 hours at night, but the problem is that he isn't consistent. For 3-5 nights in a row he sleeps for 11 hours and the world is great but then for one or two nights he will only sleep 9 hours, which means he is up at 5 in the morning.  (hey! I can hear you, lady! yes, you--the one whose child is only sleeping 5 or 6 hours. I hear you yelling at me to shut up. I am just saying...it's hard no matter what.) I have to get up for work at 6, so having that alarm clock of a son start fussing at 5am when I really ought to get one more hour of sleep is just cruel.

In about 3 weeks I am going to Vegas to celebrate a friend's birthday. Matt and the kids aren't going to go and I told my friend that the thought of a quiet hotel room with no kids sounds like heaven. I think I will just sleep all day and all night for the whole weekend. Everyone will hate me for not wanting to go out...but it might just be worth it! :-)

No comments: