Monday, March 9, 2009

It's the Journey, Not the Destination

I'm fairly certain that he will be sucking that thumb when he goes off to college. Oh, sure, he isn't even 1 yet but he has an attachment to that thing that is pretty hard to break. Even Avery (a thumb sucker herself) tries to get it out of his mouth and it springs right back in there every time. I'm not sure if this is something that my hospital teaches them when they take the kids to the nursery in the middle of the night after they are born or if it is just in their genes. All I know is that I happily gave both kids pacifiers when they were newborn and they laughed at me as they spit them out and put their thumbs in their mouths. 
I actually sucked two of my fingers until I was in 5th or 6th grade so I can't really give them a hard time without being a total hypocrite. I also couldn't swallow a pill until I was almost 18 and there is no way I am putting up with that BS with these kids. My parents would have to get EVERYTHING in liquid form (they make all medicine in liquid form for really old people and jerks like me who have some mental block about pills getting stuck in their throats). For the record, I can swallow a pill now but I still need a little mental pep talk each time. 
Jack and Avery in the wagon on the way to the park. Gee, do you think he likes riding in the wagon? He laughed the whole way and Avery had a great time entertaining him. I think they had more fun on the way to the park than they did when we got there. 
I think we could pull him around in the wagon or push him around in his car all day and he would be the happiest kid on the planet. He definitely likes to be out and about. 
It is in the 80s outside. Just sayin'.

No comments: