Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Calling All Pharmacists!

I think men just don't see stains on clothes before they wash them. It isn't their fault, really, because it is something in their genetic make-up that prevents them from noticing spaghetti sauce, juice, old banana, dirt from the playground, or that mystery stain that shows up on children's clothes. I mean, who could blame them for not noticing. It isn't like every. single. outfit. has some kind of mess on it. 

Except that EVERY. SINGLE. OUTFIT. does have some kind of mess on it. 

And so it would be nice if perhaps men (not naming names) could figure out some way to overcome their genetics and actually look for the stain on every outfit before washing and drying it. I'm just saying. Because as much as I love to shop for clothes for our kiddos, it would be nice if they could actually wear the outfit more than 1 time before it is ruined due to stains. 

Don't get me wrong, they still wear stained clothes because otherwise they would have to go naked, but it would just be wonderful if we could keep them looking new a little longer. 

Any scientists out there that know of some kind of drug we can prescribe to men that would help them to see the stain before it becomes permanent could get really rich by marketing it. See, really, I am just a public servant trying to help someone with the ability to make these kinds of drugs rich. I am nothing if not helpful. 

**************************************************

Jack is 5 months old now. He weighs in at a hefty 20 pounds. I haven't measured his length yet this month but he comes up to Avery's chest (almost to her chin) when we stand him up next to her. His current favorites include laughing, playing with his feet, watching Baby Einstein, and "talking" to us. He isn't quite sitting up yet, but he is close. He loves to sit up in his Bumbo seat and play with toys. 

Avery is turning into a little smarty pants. Tonight we were on a walk and I started counting our steps. I stopped at 10 and then Avery picked it up from there...all the way to 20! It was fun to hear her say all the numbers by herself.  Next I starting counting again but paused after each number. So then Avery started to say the next number. I said one...she said two...I said three...she said four...and so on. I was surprised that she was able to do that. It is so much fun to watch her grow and develop. 

Lucy got a haircut and she looks about 5 pounds thinner. Which says a lot for a dog that only weighs 8 pounds to begin with. I will have to take a picture and post later this week. Poor Lucy. :-)

No comments: