Let me start by saying how heartbroken I was when I learned of John Edwards' affair. How could he be so insensitive/dumb/reckless? I knew there was a reason that I couldn't get behind his candidacy but I could never pinpoint it. There was always just something about him that seemed disingenuous.
Well thanks to the gossip magazines that normally have it wrong (yeah, Brad and Angie are definitely on their way to splitsville...oops...I mean pregnant), we know that he is a cheater. And the worst kind of cheater--one who cheats on his wife battling cancer. (oh, right, she was in remission at the time. jerk)
And just when you think things could not get worse for Elizabeth Edwards while she is dealing with the public outing of her husband's betrayal of their marriage, here comes good ol' Rush Limbaugh.
Rush actually said on his radio show yesterday that it is Elizabeth's fault that John had an affair because she didn't...use her mouth for something "other than talking." wow.
So at this point Rush Limbaugh is now the biggest ass in the whole John Edwards scandal.
Are you kidding me?!?! So it is the wife's fault that the husband is a cheater? You mean the wife that is dealing with cancer? The one who is concerned that her young children will grow up without a mother? The one who is concerned about her appearance after the torture that her body has gone through during cancer treatments? That wife? You must be kidding.
Limbaugh has said some pretty ridiculous things in the past. In fact, I would venture to say that he says stupid things almost every day. I don't personally listen to his radio show because it is so far from truth and reality that I can't stand it. But when I hear things like this I wonder who is holding him accountable for his hate speech. And it makes me so sad that there are people in the US who listen to his show and actually take him seriously. They think the way he thinks, which makes me sad for our country.
Now I am not saying that everyone should think the way I think (ahem, Joe!), but I certainly think hate speech, purposeful lies about our candidates (Obama is not muslim), and perpetuating stereotypes is all bad for our country. How does this make us stronger? It doesn't.
And anyone who watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics knows that China could totally kick our butts in any type of conflict so we better start liking each other fast. :-)
In other news:
- I am surviving boot camp. Barely. I will have more to say about this at another time.
- Jack has been sick all week (which, yes, you could say should be the headline and not just a bullet at the bottom, but we don't know what is wrong with him yet so I will wait for test results to come back before I say anything.) (and also, google can be evil when you have a sick child. every symptom can lead to certain death. good grief)
- I have a photography class tonight that I have been looking forward to. I hope my expectations aren't too high.
- I have pink eye. I've never had it before and I caught it very early so it doesn't look that bad, but still. I got it from Jack, who does not have pink eye, but did have some goop in his eye last week that I thought I was careful not to touch. I guess I wasn't careful enough.
- All this stuff seems to happen whenever one of my parents goes out of town. It is almost a guarantee that one of my kids will get sick when one of them is away. Not sure why but I wish it would stop.