Thursday, August 28, 2008

Warning! This post will make 46% of you mad

Regardless of your political views, you have to see that tonight was an historic night. For the first time in American history we have nominated an African American for President of the United States. It is truly unbelievable and I am so proud to have been a part of it.

Yesterday when Obama was officially nominated I sat with my two kids and watched the convention and just cried. I told Avery that she was witnessing history and then Matt reminded me that she is 2, so she would probably rather be witnessing Barney. 

I am just proud that in 2008 we had the possibility of a woman and a black man for the democratic spot in the presidential election. I think we have come so far as a nation. I know we have more room to grow into a more perfect union, but I am so proud to be an American right now.

I hope the candidates don't go at each other's throats now and spoil it for us. I feel like we are so divided as it is and I don't want us to move any further apart. I hope that whoever our next president is will work to unite us and improve domestic issues as well as international ones. 

Less than 70 days to go. I love it! Looking forward to seeing what the Republicans do next week. I love how they have already started calling Obama negative when they would just call it "tough talk" if it had come from McCain.  He has answered every criticism and they are running out of things to knock him with
 
Here's how Jack felt about the whole thing...

No comments: