Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkins and Lucy

We took the kids to the pumpkin patch this weekend. Jack loved it and he is the perfect age for pictures there because he is sitting up like a champ. When we took Avery to the pumpkin patch for the first time (2 years ago) she was only 3 months old and wasn't sitting up at all. Those pictures were more about propping her up against pumpkins and then hoping she didn't fall before we could snap the shot. It ended in tears, as I recall.

Jack loved it and was very cooperative for pictures. Avery pretty much ran around and avoided the camera at all costs, but I did manage to get a few of them in. After I showed her all the pictures she complained that there were more of Jack. **bangs head on desk**

holding a "Jack sized" pumpkin

cooperating for pictures

The only one I could get of both of them. I had
to weigh Avery down with a pumpkin to get 
her to stay still. 

Avery and dad--he grabbed her before she 
ran off.

Jack really loves playing in this activity gym.

He is happy to stay in it and play as long as 
he can still see me. Kind of defeats the idea 
that this keeps him occupied while I get things
done, but it is somewhat helpful.

I love putting him in his "Tiny Democrat" shirt
when he visits his very Republican Poppa.

The kids had a great time at the park on Sunday.

Lucy is getting back to her spunky self. She still isn't 100% but after 3 nights at the Animal Hospital and a bunch of money spent trying to figure out why she kept puking, she is home with us again. Actually, that's not quite true. She isn't home with us, she is home with my parents. Because they have pretty much claimed her as their own and won't give her back. hmpf.


Back home but still not smiling a lot for the camera.

In other news.....

I am done with bootcamp. Didn't lose an amazing amount of weight but I did tone up some and I am definitely stronger because of it. All in all, I think it was worth it. Hopefully it is just a good jump start to get my pre-pregnancy body back. (ahem, pre-FIRST pregnancy)

Early voting started in Texas today and I plan on going to vote tomorrow. I will take the kiddos and show Avery how the system works. She knows all about WHO to vote for but isn't really sure HOW to vote so I plan to show her how it works. I am very excited about the numbers that are showing up to vote early and hope that is a good sign for the good guys!



No comments: