Monday, July 20, 2009

I Guess She Wasn't Crying Wolf

The great thing about the third birthday is that there are no shots at the baby well check. Avery was a real trooper when they took some blood and she even peed in a cup for the first time. I couldn't have been more proud.

She couldn't have been more confused about being asked to pee in a cup. I just hope this isn't the start of a new trend.

For the record, she is 39 inches tall and 39 pounds. That puts her in the 90th percentile, as usual. At least she is consistent.

She is advanced in her verbal and reasoning skills. She started asking the "why" question about 6 months earlier than expected, which I hope means she'll stop sooner also. But I doubt it.

Everything was going just fine with the exam until our doctor looked in Avery's nose and told us there was something way up in there. We figured it was fuzz or tissue but she told us it was plastic. I couldn't think of what it could be...

Avery had to blow really hard several times to dislodge it and then Gwen and a nurse had to use a tweezer like instrument to reach way into her nose to grab it. And she pulled out a nickel-sized button!

Did I ever tell you that Avery made a picture frame out of buttons for me for Mother's Day? When she gave it to me it had a button missing. And then later when she was at my mom's house she told her that she had a button in her nose. Mom told me and we both checked her nose but didn't see or feel anything. We just figured she was pretending. Then for several weeks after that she would occasionally tell us that she had a button in her nose and we nodded in agreement because clearly she was pretending.

Apparently not.

She has had that button in her nose since MOTHER'S DAY!

Next time I think we will take her more seriously and go to the doctor just to be on the safe side.

Seriously, though, the size of a nickel. How did that thing fit in her little nose in the first place?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gwen got a band aid stuck up her nose a few months ago. She is no longer allowed band aids unless bleeding, and definitely not allowed to pick her nose when wearing a band aid.

Alex Turkovic said...

That is hillarious!