Wednesday, January 28, 2009

If I weren't so tired I might have something more interesting to say

I won't mention that Jack's restlessness that I noted during my last blog entry turned into The Worst Night Ever. Or that he went to the doctor on Monday and was diagnosed with an ear infection. Or that he stayed home from daycare for 2 more days this week. Instead I will just say that Jack seems to be doing better and we are excited that February is just around the corner. Maybe it isn't all of 2009 that can bite me. Maybe it is just January.  I am going to give the other months the benefit of the doubt.

But they are On Notice.

Rather than talk about The Sick that has disrupted our lives for the past month I will write a little bit about what is going on in pop culture.

First off, The Bachelor. Is it just me or are the rest of you wondering why Stephanie is still in the running for Jason's heart? I don't get it. Sure, they have the whole single parent thing in common, but is there truly a love connection there? She just seems...(how do I say this without offending anyone)...well, Stepfordish. She just seems like she is ready to serve him in any manner he deems necessary. And also? I don't think she is the cutest girl on the show. In fact, I find myself staring at her "eyebrows" every time she is on camera. (I say "eyebrows" because they are not actually from nature. I'm just saying.)

Next, the SAG awards. Did anyone watch those? Anyone? Yeah, that's what I thought. I happened to catch it (ok, fine, I recorded it) and I was a little surprised by some of the winners. Super happy for Sean Penn because I hear (ahem) that Milk is awesome and I just generally like him as an actor. And while I LOVE 30 Rock and Tina Fey, I just don't get why Alec Baldwin beats Steve Carelle every time. The Office is such a great show and I think Steve should get an award for being able to make it through the episode without laughing at every line he has to deliver. Maybe it is just me...

The Superbowl is this weekend! And I don't really care that much. We are going to our friend's house as is our annual tradition but I just can't get excited about the two teams playing. I look forward to hanging out with the gang and attempting to prevent Avery and Jack from breaking everything in our friend's not-yet-childproofed house (although it will be soon! yay!), but the game will certainly be an afterthought this year. I can't like Arizona because they used to be the St. Louis Cardinals when I grew up there and their owner moved them (JERK) so we all hated him. And then they kept the Cardinal name, which is ridiculous, so that when a new NFL team moved into St. Louis their name didn't match up with the baseball team, which was something I always loved about our sports teams. (The baseball Cardinals and the Football Cardinals. sigh. Totally loved that.) So I guess that means I will root for the Stealers by default. But really, I don't care.

Finally, Jessica Simpson. Can you believe she is getting so much heat for her size 2 figure? She chose an unfortunate outfit to wear at a festival in Florida (mom jeans. awful.) and the tabs have jumped all over that. I don't want to live in a world where size 2 is considered fat, but that is the reality now. Maybe she has gained 5-10 pounds recently but I still think she is extremely thin. And so what if she isn't thin!?!? Remember when a people used to say "a perfect 10" when referring to a woman's size? Those were the days. 


1 comment:

HotsauceMG said...

While I don't completely agree with you about Stephanie from the Bachelor, I do have to say AMEN! to the "eyebrows"... what the hell!! I feel bad that her husband died, but I wonder if she commissioned all of the plastic surgery before or after his death?

Go Melissa!